- HTML stand for Hypertext Mark-up Languages. It was created by Tim Berners-Lee and is used to manage web documents. HTML is a file that focuses on the display of a web page and includes features such as paragraphs, headings, lists, graphics, audio and video.
- There is no specific software needed to create a web page. However, the only program that one needs to create this website is a text editor such as notepad
- The purpose of the head is to describe the web document and give information about this web document. Whereas, the body is used to design the contents of the web-page such as, text, tags and images
- Headings are divided into six different categories, ranging from h1-h6. These headings are used to create titles on your web-page.They create a heading with space above and below it. Heading text is always bolded.
- Ordered lists begin with the (o) tag and is ended by (/o). Whereas, unordered lists start with the (u) tag and end with (/u). The primary difference is that unordered lists are bullet formed as opposed to numbers
- The blockquote element is used to show text in a way that it is indented from the left and right margins. An example of this would be using it to indent a paragraph
- The purpose of special characters is to make it so that your web page is allowed to show special character such as;quotation marks, vertical lines and the trademark symbol
- Absolute links are used when you need to show the absolute location of a resource.The http protocol is used in the href value.
- A relative link is used when are trying to link your page to other pages such as directly clicking on a link that brings you to MLB.com. The href value does not use the http protocol
- This tutorial is geared towards the most basic of HTML
- I would definitely recommend this web site to others because it is very clear and easy to follow
- I learned how to insert images into the website