Discover the Beauty and Uniqueness of the Island
Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States, located in the north-eastern Caribbean. The island is 100 miles long by 35 miles wide, making it the smallest island of the Greater Antilles and the largest island of the smaller Antilles. Puerto Rico consists of 78 towns, as well as an archipelago that includes the main island of Puerto Rico and smaller islands which are Vieques, Culebra, Mona, and numerous islets.
Puerto Rico offers many cultural experiences and historical locations. You will be able to enjoy nature, history, adventure, culture, sports, night life, and many other aspects that help make this island as unique as it is.
- The Capital of Puerto Rico is San Juan, which counts with most of the historical monuments of the island. It is also the town with the biggest population of the country.
- Its climate is Tropical Marine, with average temperatures year round between 80 °F and 70 °F.
- The currency of the country is the United States Dollar.
- As of January 2015, the Puerto Rico population is estimated to be 3,695,098 people.
- The official languages of the island are Spanish and English. But Spanish, without a doubt, has been the dominant language.
- The ethnic composition is 75.8% white (mostly Spanish origin), 12,4% black, 8.5% other (which includes American Indian, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, and other Pacific Islander), and 3.3% mixed.
Puerto Rico is an island full of surprises which will make your adventure to the island an unforgettable one. The Creole food of the island will make you fall in love with it. The beauty of the beaches, rivers, and the series of natural monuments will make you not want to leave the isalnd. Follow the Sports, Cuisine, and Things To Do links to find out more about the wonders that you could enjoy and discover in Puerto Rico.